Maharashtra government has managed to attract investments worth more than ₹5,100 crore in Information Technology and ₹829 crore in Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) in the last three years. The state accounts for more than 30 percent of the country’s software exports, with over 1,200 software units based in the State. To retain Maharashtra’s leadership position in IT/ITES Sector , it focus on providing IT related infrastructure, fiscal incentives to IT units, IT in governance and institutional framework for the IT sector. These initiatives have enabled the IT industry of the State to establish a firm foundation for itself in the country. Government of Maharashtra has recognised IT industry as an important thrust area in the State. Government of Maharashtra announced its 1 IT Policy in 1998 setting the parameters and declaring the incentives. Thereafter certain amendments have been done.
The salient features of the IT/ITES policy 2015 are:
Incentives and Provision for IT Parks :
- Premium Payment
- Developed Industrial Zones – Upto 100% : Free Above 100% & upto 200% additional FSI : 30% of the ready reckoner rate.
- Undeveloped Industrial Zones – Upto 100% : Free Above 100% & upto 200% additional FSI : 10% of the ready reckoner rate. Note : The plots must have an access road of 15 meters width minimum.
2. Area Permissible for support services
- Developed Industrial Zones – Maximum 20% of the Built up area excluding Parking.
- Undeveloped Industrial Zones – Maximum 40% of the Built up area excluding Parking.
3. Electricity Power/ Sub Station
- Minimum 6 watt per sq. ft. of total BUA of IT Park will be essential.
4. Penalty for use of built-up space for non-IT use in the IT Park
- Per day penalty equal to 0.3% (a thirteeth of a percent of the prevailing ready reckoner value of the built-up area that has been found to be used for non-IT/ITES activities)The penalty will be recovered from the date of issue of Occupancy Certificate till the day non-IT use continues.
- Stamp Duty Exemption:
- For A & B Industrial Zone – Nil.
- C, D & D+ , No Industrial Zone & Naxalism – 100%
2. Electricity Duty Exemption (date of commencement of production / activity) :
- For A & B Industrial Zone – 10 Yrs.
- C, D & D+ , No Industrial Zone & Naxalism – 15 Yrs.
3. Electricity Tariff:
- For all the Industrial Zones – Industrial Rate.
4. Power Tariff Subsidy:
- For A & B Industrial Zone – Nil.
- C, D & D+ , No Industrial Zone & Naxalism – for 3 years @ Rs. 1/- per unit consumed from the date of registration of the IT Park .
5. Property Tax :
- For all the Industrial Zones – Residential Rate.
Integrated IT/ITES Township
The Integrated IT Township can either be developed by the landowner or the Developer appointed by the Land owner or jointly by both of them. Following are the set parameters by MIDC under its IT/ITES policy 2015:
Area: To be declared as IT Township, the total area should not be less than 25 Acres with a minimum 15 metres wide access road.
Permissible land use: out of 25 Acres, 60% of the land should be developed for IT/ITES activities & 40% can be used for developing support services, Service Apartment & Commercial activity for the IT/ITES department.
Floor Space Index: 2.5 for A & B Industrial Area and 2 for other areas.
Note: Floating of FSI from IT/ITES to support services is not permitted but Floating of FSI from support to IT/ITES is allowed.
Time Period: The Township should be completed within 5 years from the date of final sanction to the layout plan.
Infrastructure Facility: In case the basic infrastructure does not exist, it would be developer’s responsibility to provide basic Infrastructure on at least 75% area under Integrated Township within 3 years from the date of sanctioning of development proposal else declaration would lapse.
Special Concession: In case of notified areas for IT township NA Permission is not necessary.The parks / units which have been sanctioned benefits / incentives under this policy, shall continue to enjoy the benefits for a period for which the benefits / incentives are sanctioned even if the policy period is over.
ASCC MIDC Industrial Consultant
Why Choose ASCC as your partner?
1.Precisely into Industrial Consultancy since 2004.
2. 400 + Successful Industrial Transactions.
3. Presence across India.
4. Served more than 20+ Fortune 500 Companies.
5. Professionally Qualified Team.
6. Knowledge base of Industrial norms and regulation (State and Central)
7. Assurance of Clear and Marketable Title.
8. Assurance of Smooth Industrial Transaction.
Our Services Includes:
Industrial Real Estate Transaction – Leasehold Industrial Land acquisition through E-bidding, Under FDI and Resale. We also assist in acquiring Freehold Industrial Properties.
Legal Documentation – Preparation and submission of Transfer documents, Liaison with government agencies.
You can reach us at:
ASCC, Ascent Supply Chain Consultants
406 Raheja Arcade, Sector-11,
Navi Mumbai – 400614, MH, India
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org