Logistics is the most rapidly evolving industry and it is considered as the backbone of the economy. The Sector faces challenges such as availability of suitable land, lack of skilled workforce, inadequate infrastructure and Lack of technological advancement in handling products. Maharashtra being a powerhouse of Industrialisation and Logistic as an important support system faces the same challenges. To overcome difficulties and make the state a part of the global supply chain “Maharashtra Logistic Park Policy 2018” is introduced by the Maharashtra state government. The policy is an amalgamation of infrastructure, technology and new types of service providers.
Logistic Park (LP)
An area with a minimum of 20000 Sqft Built Up with base FSI is designated as logistic Park (LP). Out of the total area, 80% area is to be used for Logistic services and remaining20% can be used for support service and common facilities. Permissible FSI is 1. Development of the park shall be completed within 3 year from date of issue of letter of intent (LOI) by Directorate of Industries. The extension to time limit up to a minimum of one year at a time and maximum 3 times may be granted on merits.
Integrated Logistic Park
For establishing Integrated Logistic Park minimum 5 Acres Land with minimum 15 metres road width is must. An Integrated Logistic Park is one which has both Logistic and Support Services along with common facilities. Permissible FSI for Logistic Park is 1. Minimum of 70% FSI is to be used for Logistic Services and 30% can be used for support services and common facilities. Floating of FSI from Support Service to Logistic Services is permissible (i.e. 80:20, 90:10), no separate permission is required from the department. The development shall be completed within 5 years from date of issue of letter of intent (LOI) by Directorate of Industries.
Procedure for the development of Logistic parks
After receiving a proposal from applicant if the area doesn’t fall under the development plan or the regional plan of the government such area will be allowed for the development of Logistic Park subject to clearances.
Salient features of Maharashtra Logistic Park Policy 2018
Salient Features of the Policy are as under:
- Eligibility: Logistic park can be establish on Freehold and Leasehold Land. Logistic Park on the leasehold can be established subject to balance lease period of minimum 30 years, Logistic Park on the freehold can be developed by Owner/Developer/Company with legal entity.
- Permissible Activity: Logistic services permissible in the park are:
- Cargo aggregation/segregation
- Distribution/Consumer Distribution.
- Inter-modal transfer of material & container.
- Open and closed storage.
- Ambient condition storage for transit period.
- Custom bonded warehouse.
- Container freight station.
- Container terminals.
- Material handling equipment facilities for efficient movement and distribution of semi-finished or finished product.
Certain Business and Commercial activities (Support Services) are also allowed in the Logistic Park. The activities are:
- Guest house
- Medical Centre
- Petrol Pump
- Banking Space
- Administration office
The Park can also have common facilities like:
- Weigh Bridge
- Skill Development centre
- Computer centre
- Sub contract exchange
- Container freight station
- Production Inspection Centre.
- Developed Infrastructure: Logistic Park should have the basic developed infrastructure which helps in the smooth operations. Infrastructure covers Internal Roads, Water and Power Line, Communication facilities , Internal public Transportation system, Sewage and drainage lines, Effluent treatment and disposal facilities, Fire tenders arrangements and Parking.
- Planning Authority: Logistic is given Industrial status and Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) is a special planning authority for development of Integrated Logistic Park in the state.
- Additional FSI: Additional FSI Upto 2 can be purchased by paying premium as under:
|Sr.No||Location of Parks ( As defined under PSI 2013)||Premium|
|1||No industries district and Naxalism affected area||Nil|
|2||Area other than PMC, TMC, MCGM, Kalyan Dombivali, Mira Bhayander Panvel, Ulhasnagar, Ambernath, Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation, NID and Naxalism Affected Areas||10%|
|3||PMC, TMC, MCGM, Kalyan-Dombivali, Mirabhayander, Panvel, Ulhasnagar, Ambernath, Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation||15%|
- Higher Ground Coverage: Integrated Logistic Parks shall be allowed higher ground coverage up to 75% (Subject to setback and fire safety regulations and existing FSI norms)
- Electricity Charges: Excluding Business and Commercial Services in the park, Power would be charged at the Industrial rate.
- Single Window Clearance: Industrial clearance through single window investor facilitation cell – MAITRI.
- Zone Relaxation: Logistic Facilities will be permitted in any zone across the state. Excluding agriculture, No development zone or industrial zone if there is need of zone conversion, zone conversion premium will be charged at 15% prevailing ready reckoner rate of the area.
- Height Relaxation: Height restriction as per the provisions of the National Building code on multi-level staking for open container yard would be relaxed if applicable to ensure optimum space utilization subject to consideration of fire safety norms. Height upto 24 metres is allowed.
MIDC being a special planning authority has issued guideline for the allotment of land for Setting Up Logistic Park vide MIDC Circular No. C74996 dated 20 August 2019. The Salient features of this circular are as under:-
- Allotment of Plot should be done for Logistic services mentioned above at the prevailing MIDC Industrial rate of the area. To know the Industrial Land rates in Maharashtra, Click Here
2. Priority Allotment of Plot to be done where the investment is Rs 250 crore and above subject to clearance from Technical advisor.
3. Allotment of land for investment less than Rs 250 crore shall be done as per prevailing MIDC allotment policy.
- CEO have power to decide on the setting up of logistics parks in the industrial areas at Thane, Nashik, Aurangabad, Amravati and Nagpur on demand of the industrialists and availability of space.
- Minimum 200 hectare area shall be reserved for Logistics Park from newly acquired land in Chakan Phase 5, Talegaon Phase 4.
ASCC as Industrial Consultant
The Purpose of writing this document is to share our knowledge in the form of salient features on the Maharashtra Logistic Park Policy 2018 and Parameters set by MIDC for Allotment of Plot in Logistic Park with the readers. You may kindly go through the relevant policy and circulars to know the complete details or get in touch with our company for guidance if any.
ASCC , a trusted brand in the industrial consultancy since 2004 is a ONE STOP SOLUTION to all Industrial real estate requirement and compliance management . Please get in touch with us in case you have any requirement of Industrial Real Estate (Buy- Sell – Lease) or Compliances Management.
Reach us at :
Ascent Supply Chain Consultants Private Limited (ASCC)
406 Raheja Arcade, Sector-11,CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai – 400614, Maharashtra, India
Tel: +91 22 4897 4888
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org