Maharashtra is the epicentre of industrialization. Ease of doing business, Friendly Industrial Policies, Developed Industrial Infrastructure, Strategic location are some of the underlying factors for its major contribution in the economy. The state has good presence of Industrial clusters especially IT/ITES, Automobiles, textile, Chemical, Pharma and Food Processing cluster. The state has 6 divisions and 36 districts. Each district plays an important role in framing the Indian economy.
Maharashtra’s Raigad District of Konkan Division is one of the chemical designated industrial belts with a unique distinction of being a well-planned industrial district in terms of infrastructure, construction, development and transport. Major Exportable Items of Raigad are Chemicals, Ayurveda Medicines, Pharmaceuticals, and Engineering. Some of the prime industrial belts of Raigad District are Patalganga, Taloja, Mahad, Roha and Vile Bhagad. This article highlights the salient features of Patalganga Industrial Area.
About MIDC Patalganga Industrial Area:
Patalganga is an Industrial belt of MIDC near Navi Mumbai, Khopoli and Panvel. Patalganga Industrial Area, adjacent to the Mohopada village, is one of the 13 chemical industrial areas developed by MIDC. Its falls under ‘A’ Category of Industrial Grouping due to which there are no benefits under PSI Scheme of Maharashtra.
Patalganga has both Leasehold and Freehold Industrial Land. Leasehold is granted by Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) on perpetual lease basis for a tenure of 95 Years. The corporation charges INR 1 per annum as Rental from the Lessor. The leasehold property can be sublet and the Leasehold Rights can be transferred with prior permission of MIDC and there is a set process and charges for transferring the Leasehold Rights.
MIDC Patalganga Classifications:
MIDC Patalganga is classified into three Areas as under:
|Area||Total Land Size||MIDC Map||Google Location|
|Old Patalganga||647.62 Hector|
|Addl. Patalganga||647.62 Hector|
|Patalganga- Borivali||40.35 Hector|
|Patalganga- Isambe||89.75 Hector|
Availability of Plots with MIDC for Direct Allotment:
MIDC doesn’t have plots available under direct allotment. However, the plots are allotted by MIDC under priority allotment for FDI Project, Fortune 500 Companies, Mega Projects or for expansion purpose.
MIDC Plots are also available in resale in the secondary market.
MIDC Land Rates:
The land rates of MIDC Patalganga classification are as under:
|Area||MIDC Rate ( in
Per Sq. Mtrs)
|Market Rate ( in
Per Sq. Mtrs)
Rate ( in Per Sq. Mtrs)
|Old Patalganga||Rs. 4,840/-||Rs. 20,000/-||Rs. 4,400/-|
|Addl. Patalganga||Rs.4,840/-||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 7,980/-|
|Patalganga- Borivali||Rs.7,623/-||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 4,400/-|
|Patalganga- Isambe||Rs. 6,334/-||Not Applicable||Rs. 4,400/-|
Distances from Patalganga MIDC:
Distances of Patalganga MIDC from some of important locations as under:
|Sl. No.||Location||Approx Distance|
|1||Mumbai–Pune Old National Highway (NH-4)||6.5 Kms.|
|2||Mumbai Pune Expressway||11 Kms.|
|3||JNPT Seaport||35 Kms.|
|4||Proposed Navi Mumbai Airport||23 Kms.|
|5||Mumbai Domestic and International Airport||62 Kms.|
|6||Pune City||105 Kms.|
|7||Mumbai City||55 Kms.|
|8||Navi Mumbai City||35 Kms.|
The above distances have been taken from Reliance Industries Ltd. Patalganga MIDC.
Salient Features of Patalganga Industrial Area:
- FSI–As per the current DCR dated 13th July 2023. The Permissible FSI for all types of plots (viz. Industrial, commercial or residential) is 1:1. Additional FSI is available depending on the Road Width in front of the Plot which is as under:-
Sl. No. Road Width in Mtrs. Basic FSI Additional FSI on premium Maximum Permissible FSI 1 Below 9 m 1 NA 1.00 2 9 m & above but below 12 m 1 1.00 2.00 3 12 m & above but below 15 m 1 1.25 2.25 4 15 m & above but below 24 m 1 1.50 2.50 5 24 m & above but below 30 m 1 1.50 2.75 6 30 m & above 1 2.00 3.00
The additional FSI can be purchased by paying premium as given below:-
Sl. No. Type of Land Use Applicable Premium
(of the Prevailing MIDC Rate)
1 Industrial 25% 2 Commercial 50% 3 Other Use 35%
- Dominating Industrial Activity in the Area – The area has all kinds of industries i.e. Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Engineering, Food Processing etc.
- Availability of Manpower – Semi-Skilled & Unskilled manpower is easily available in Patalganga. Managerial and Senior Managerial people normally travel from Panvel /Navi Mumbai.
- Availability of Residential Accommodation – Good residential accommodation is available for labors and managerial staff in Patalganga. However, the senior / top management people prefer to stay in the housing complexes of Hiranandani, Godrej, India Bulls, and Marathon at Panvel or Navi Mumbai. Some of the senior / top management people also travel from Mumbai to Patalganga.
- Hotels and Restaurants – Panvel and Navi Mumbai have good number of 4 and 5 Star Hotels.
- Connectivity Details – Patalganga enjoys very good connectivity through Road, Rail, and Air.
Railway Station – Rasayani – 3 Kms. Apta – 5 Kms. and Panvel – 18 Kms.
Roadways–BEST, ST, Auto and Taxi.
Airways-Mumbai Domestic and International Airport 65 Kms and Proposed Navi Mumbai Airport is 23 Kms Approx.
- Industrial Infrastructure:
- Power :MSEB has two substations of capacity 220KV and 100KV in this area and in village Apta respectively, from which electric supply is supplied to Patalganga Industrial Area. The power rates are Rs. 7.5/- Per Unit.
- Water :MIDC has constructed a water supply scheme to cater for 54 MLD and 72 MLD water to the industrial area. The current water requirement is only 20 MLD in Patalganga Industrial Area. Water charges are Rs. 22.5/- Per cubic meter. (i.e. Per 1000 Liters)
- Internal Roads :The area is connected internally by multiple lane approach roads and has underground services like storm water collection, effluent collection, water supply etc. The width of the main road is 15 m and that of the internal roads are 7.50 or 5.50 m.
- Telecommunication and Internet: All the major service providers are available (Tata Telecommunication, Vodafone, Jio, BSNL and Airtel)
- Fire Station Services: Available
- Natural Gas Pipeline: Available through HPCL and BPCL. The Gas rate is Approx INR 40 – 45/- Per Cubic Meter.
- Transportation of Goods :Heavy Trucks, Trailors and Containers are easily available through the Truck Terminus at Kalamboli which is about 20 Kms.
Trade Effluent: CETP with the capacity of 15MLD is available in Old Patalganga. Out of which 8 MLD is used and for the balance capacity the department is giving membership based on the approval by MPCB Department depending on the requirement of the Industrial Activity. However, the permission to dispose the waste is allowed after the preliminary treatment.
Addl. Patalganga does not have a CETP as on date. The new industries are allowed only with zero discharge permission. However, a private CETP is under construction which shall come into operations by 2025 mid.
Domestic Effluent: The industries shall build septic tank followed by soak pit for the treatment of domestic effluent.
Air Emission: Scrubbers, Wet Scrubbers, Dust collectors and stacks of sufficient height is must for the Industries emitting gases.
Hazardous Waste Disposal: Mumbai Waste Management Limited (MWML) membership is easily available for disposal of hazardous waste at P-32 and P-32 Part, MIDC-Taloja, Behind Galaxy Surfactant, Tal.: Panvel, Dist.: Raigad.
MPCB Consent & Environmental Clearance
Since Patalganga industrial area has been designated as a chemical hub center the industries in Red category easily get MPCB Consent to Establish and MPCB Consent to Operate Clearance and also Environmental Clearance subject to meeting the laid down norms by Central Pollution Control Board & State Pollution Control Board.
Freehold Industrial Land
Freehold Industrial Land is owned by an Individual, a family, a company or a Corporation. Free hold land can be easily sold or given on rental without any prior permission of any Government authority unless there is a notification on 7/12 of the land. There are no transfer fees or subletting charges applicable on the Freehold land. In certain cases the permission of Collector is required for the Sale of Freehold Industrial Land. The Freehold Industrial Belt of Patalganga is on Pen-Patalganga-Khopoli Road. The land Rate ranges from INR 1.5 Cr to 2.5 Cr. Per Acre depending upon Location, Access road, Plot size, Status of Land (NA and Agriculture), Developed/ Undeveloped Plot etc
Details of Prime Industries in the Area:
Some of renowned Industries operating in Patalganga are as under:
|Sl. No||Name of the Company||Activity|
|1||Reliance Industries Ltd||Chemical|
|2||Jaysynth Dyestuff (I) Ltd.||Chemical|
|3||Indoco Remedies Ltd||Chemical|
|4||Bakul Aromatics & Chemicals Limited||Chemical|
|5||Alkyl Amines Chemicals Limited||Chemical|
|6||Renewsys India Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|7||Chryso India Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|8||Balaji Formalin Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|9||Pidilite Industries Limited||Chemical|
|10||Fine Organic Industries Ltd.||Chemical|
|11||Sky lead Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|12||Reteck Envirotech Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|13||Gatik Synthesis LLP.||Chemical|
|14||Kokuyo Camlin Ltd.||Chemical|
|15||Novozymes South Asia Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|16||Merck Life Science Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|17||Supriya Life Science||Chemical|
|18||S H Kelkar & co. Ltd.||Chemical|
|19||Stallion Fluoro Chemicals India Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|20||Birla carbon India Pvt. Ltd.||Chemical|
|21||Castrol India Ltd||Petro Chemical|
|23||Petronas Lubricants (India) Pvt. Ltd.||Petro Chemical|
|26||The Bombay Dyeing & MFG. Co. Ltd.||Textile|
|28||V-Ensure Pharma Technologies Pvt Ltd||Pharma|
|29||Mobis India Ltd||Automobile|
|30||INOX Air Products Pvt Ltd||Gas|
|31||Idemitsu Lube India Pvt. Ltd.||Oil|
|32||Fine Zeelandia Pvt Ltd.||Food|
|33||AJE India Ltd.||Food|
|35||Parle Agro Pvt. Ltd.||Food|
|36||Jindal Stainless Steelway Ltd.||Engineering|
|37||Oetiker India Private Ltd.||Engineering|
Prime Industrial Properties available with ASCC for resale:
|Sl. No||Plot area (Sq. Mtrs)||Built up (Sq. Ft)||MIDC/ Freehold||Current Activity||
Price in INR
|1||600||Nil||MIDC||Engineering||1 Cr.||Open Plot|
|2||1000||Nil||MIDC||Engineering||1.5 Cr.||Open Corner Plot|
|3||2500||Nil||MIDC||Engineering||3.25 Cr.||Open Plot|
|4||3000||8000||MIDC||Engineering||4.75 Cr.||Ready to Move Property|
|5||4800||10,000||MIDC||Chemical||7.20 Cr.||Ready to Move Property|
|6||2,20,000||35,000||Freehold||Chemical||135 Cr.||Closed Chemical Industry|
|7||11,000||12,000||Freehold||Chemical||8 Cr.||Closed Chemical Industry|
|8||8,000||25,000||Freehold||Engineering||8 Cr.||Sick Engineering Unit.|
|9||32,000||Nil||Freehold||Chemical||26 Cr.||Open NA Plot|
|10||10,000||35,000||Freehold||Food Industry||12 Cr.||Ready to Move Property|
|11||1000||6000||Freehold||Engineering||3 Cr.||Running Packing Industry.|
Why choose Patalganga Industrial Area for setting up the industry:
- Reasonable Land Rate.
- Designated Chemical Zone therefore getting EC and RED Category MPCB consent is easier.
- Proximity to Mumbai and Pune city.
- Easily availability of Skilled and Unskilled Manpower.
- Good connectivity through Road, Rail, and Air.
- Developed Industrial Infrastructure.
- Close proximity to NH-4, NH-66, Seaport (JNPT) and New upcoming Airport.
- Close to Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Pune
- Operating PAN India.
- A well-established Industrial Broking Company.
- One Stop Solution for all Industrial Consultancy related services.
- In-depth knowledge of Industrial Policies and Regulations.
- Closure of 500 Plus Industrial Transaction.
- Served 50 + Big MNCs which includes 22 Fortune 500 company.
- Assurance of Clear and Marketable Title.
- Time Bound and Hassle Free Transaction.
- A separate legal and Liaoning Team
To know more about us, Click here