Building Completion Certificate (BCC) is a mandatory document which validates that construction is in line with building norms. The local development and Municipal Corporation are the competent authorities to provide the certificate.
Building Competition Certificate (BCC) for MIDC Plots
MIDC is a grantor of the Plots for Industrial, Commercial and Residential Purposes in Maharashtra. Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation grants Plots for the lease period of 95 years. According to MIDC norm, the plot holders have to develop their plot and obtain Building Completion Certificate (BCC) within the stipulated time depending on the zonal division. Special Planning Authority (SPA) is the department which approvals the plan submitted prior the construction and after completion the department examine the site and verifies the construction as per norms followed by providing BCC. After obtaining the BCC the plot holder can start the Industrial activity and even in case the holder wants to transfer the leasehold rights that is possible.
Timeline for obtaining Building Completion Certificate (BCC)
MIDC is an agency responsible for granting land in Maharashtra and setting the policies for the optimum utilisation of the available resources as well as modifying the set policies for the betterment of Industrialisation.
The permissible Floor Space Index in Maharashtra is 1. The plot holders can develop the plots in sections. But they have to obtain Building Completion Certificate by developing minimum of 40% of the land parcel according to current guideline and start the activity at a stipulated time.
Earlier the FSI consumption for obtaining BCC was 20%, the plot holders were to develop 20% of the plot area but Vide circular no: C05579 dated 21st June 2019 MIDC has revised the FSI consumption percentage for obtaining BCC for MIDC plots. Henceforth minimum 40% construction is required for obtaining BCC. The salient features of the circular are:
- Those plot holders who had obtained BCC, but constructed area is less than 40% of the plot & balance land of plot is open. Those plot holders should consume minimum 40% FSI within 2 years from the date of issuance of this circular.
- After completion of two years from 21st June 2019 if revised BCC for 40% is not obtained, then non-utilization charges at @ 10% of the prevailing MIDC rate for open land till revised BCC of minimum 40 % is obtained would be charged. The penalty would be charged till the last date of the month of issuance of revised BCC.
- After completing of 2 years from the date of this circular non- utilization charges are applicable for next 2 yrs.
- After completion of the extension period of two years if the BCC of minimum 40 % isn’t obtained in such case no further extension would be given. Leaving the area of FSI consumed by the plot, (as per the set norms the required area for the development of the FSI would be left with the lessee), the remaining plot would be taken away by MIDC.
- Henceforth for the allotments of new plots, BCC rule of 40% would be applicable. The new offer letter, allotment letter & A2L would have the clause of 40 % construction in stipulated time.
- This circular is not applicable to Mega Projects where Phase wise development is submitted to MIDC & as per plan the project is in progress.
- In case any of the Industrial activity requires more of open space, in such case after obtaining feedback of Planning Department & Technical Advisor, the CEO can permit the lesser construction as required by the Industrial activity.
- Notice to be given within 30 days to all the Industrialist where construction is less than 40 %
- Clause for utilize of land 40% FSI is to be put in Agreement to lease for the New allotment.
MIDC has also revised the development period for the plot size upto 20,000 sq.mtrs. As per the circular dated 17th August 2004, the time period for obtaining approvals, construction & obtaining BCC for the plot size upto 20,000sq.mtrs in
- A & B MIDC Industrial Zones was 3 years.
- C MIDC Industrial Zones 4 years.
- D & D+ MIDC Industrial Zones was 5 years.
Vide circular no: C05008 dated 21st June 2019 MIDC has revised the development period for the plot area upto 20,000 sq.mtrs. The time period for obtaining approvals, construction & obtaining BCC for the plot size upto 20000 sq.mtrs. in
- A & B Industrial Zones is 2 years.
- C, D & D+ MIDC Industrial Zones is 3 years.
ASCC MIDC Industrial Consultant
ASCC MIDC Industrial Consultant is a trusted brand in the field of Industrial consultancy since 2004. It’s a ONE STOP SOLUTION to all Industrial requirement (Buy- Sell – Lease), handling Industrial transfer process and assisting for Industrial Compliance. We have served about 400 + Indian / multinational companies which includes about 17 Fortune 500 Companies.
We also assist in acquiring the land directly through E-Bidding as well as acquisition under FDI category. We assure clear and marketable title along with smooth and hassle free transfer process. ASCC MIDC Consultant can be your trusted knowledge partner as we are well versed with industrial policies of the Central and State government in India.
You can reach us at :
ASCC, Ascent Supply Chain Consultants Private Limited,
406 Raheja Arcade, Sector-11,
Navi Mumbai – 400614, MH, India
E-Mail : email@example.com