To meet the requirements of the growing population many industries were and are established resulting in the environmental degradation. The deterioration of environment led to the formation of Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) controlled by Environment Department of Government of Maharashtra keeping a check on the discharge effluent. The board focuses on sustainable development by enforcing various laws, rules, regulations notifications etc. related to prevention and control of pollution with curative action as and when required. MPCB Consent to Establish Operate and Renewal is are must for Industrial Operations. On the macro level the board takes care of the following:
- Planning, organizing, controlling & executing the programs related to Pollution Abatement.
- Inspecting sewage or trade effluent treatment and disposal facilities and air pollution control systems.
- Suggesting appropriate pollution control technologies and techniques.
- Creating public awareness about the clean and healthy environment along with promoting waste recycle reuse, eco-friendly practices etc.
INDUSTRIAL CATEGORIES AS PER THE POLLUTION INDEX ( IP)
The government agencies have categorized the industries into different sectors depending on the emissions (air pollutants), effluents (water pollutants), hazardous wastes generated and consumption of resources. The categories are red, orange, green & white. Each category has a separate range of Pollution Index. The Pollution Index PI of any industrial sector is a number from 0 to 100 and the increasing value of PI denotes the increasing degree of pollution load from the industrial sector.
The “Range of Pollution Index” for the purpose of categorization of industrial sectors is:
Industrial Sectors having Pollution Index score of 60 and above – Red category.
Industrial Sectors having Pollution Index score of 41 to 59 – Orange category.
Industrial Sectors having Pollution Index score of 21 to 40 – Green category.
Industrial Sectors having Pollution Index score 0 to 20 – White category.
The industrial sectors in different categories are:
White category: 36 industrial sectors.
Orange category: 85 industrial sectors
Green category: 83 industrial sectors
Red category: 63 industrial sectors
List of Industries under ‘RED’ Category:
- Industries identified by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India as heavily polluting and covered under Central Action Plan, viz.
- Distillery including Fermentation industry.
- Sugar (excluding Khandsari)
- Pulp & Paper (Paper manufacturing with or without pulping).
- Pharmaceuticals (Basic) (excluding formulation).
- Dyes and Dye-intermediates.
- Pesticides (Technical) (excluding formulation).
- Oil refinery (Mineral oil or Petro refineries).
- Petrochemicals (Manufacture of and not merely use of as raw material).
- Thermal power plants
- Iron and Steel (Involving processing from ore/ scrap/Integrated steel plants)
- Zinc Smelter
- Copper Smelter
- Aluminium Smelter
- Industries manufacturing following products or carrying out following activities:
- Tyres and tubes Vulcanization/Retreading/ moulding).
- Synthetic rubber.
- Glass and fibre glass production and processing.
- Industrial carbon including electrodes and graphite blocks, activated carbon, carbon black etc.
- Paints and varnishes (excluding blending/mixing).
- Pigments and intermediates.
- Synthetic resins.
- Petroleum products involving storage, transfer or processing.
- Lubricating oils, greases or petroleum-based products.
- Synthetic fibre including rayon, tyre cord, polyester filament yarn.
- Surgical and medical products involving prophylactics and latex.
- Synthetic detergent and soap.
- Photographic films and chemicals.
- Chemical, petrochemical and electrochemical including the manufacture of acids such as Sulphuric Acid, Nitric Acid, Phosphoric Acid etc.
- Industrial or inorganic gases.
- Chlorates, per chlorates, and peroxides.
- Glue and gelatine.
- Yarn and textile processing involving scouring, bleaching, dyeing, printing or any effluent/emission generating process.
- Vegetable oils including solvent extracted oils, hydro-generated oils.
- Industry or process involving metal treatment or process such as picking, surface coating, paint baking, paint stripping, heat treatment, phosphating or finishing etc.
- Industry or process involving electroplating operations.
- Asbestos and asbestos-based industries.
- Slaughterhouses and meat processing units.
- Fermentation industry including the manufacture of yeast, beer etc.
- Steel and steel products including coke plants involving use of any of the equipment’s such as blast furnaces, open hearth furnace, induction furnace
- Incineration plants
- Power generating plants (excluding D.G. Sets).
- Lime manufacturing
- Tobacco products including cigarettes and tobacco processing.
- Dry coat processing/ Mineral processing industries like ore sintering, palletization, etc.
- Phosphate rock processing plants.
- Coke making, coal liquefaction, coal tar distillation or fuel gas making.
- Phosphorous and its compounds.
- Explosives including detonators, fuses etc.
- Processes involving chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Chlorine, fluorine, bromine, iodine and their compounds.
- Hydrocyanic acid and its derivatives.
- Milk processing and dairy products (Integrated Project).
- Industry or process involving foundry operations.
- Potable alcohol (IMFL) by blending or distillation of alcohol.
- Ceramic/ refractories.
- Lead processing and battery reconditioning & manufacturing including lead smelting.
- Hot Mix Plants
- Mining and ore-beneficiation
List of Industries ‘ORANGE “Category:
- Manufacture of a mirror from sheet glass and photo framing.
- Cotton spinning and weaving.
- Automobile servicing and repairs stations.
- Hotels and restaurants.
- Flour mills (excluding Domestic Atta Chakki)
- Malted food.
- Food including fruits and vegetable processing.
- Pulping and fermenting of coffee beans.
- Instant tea/coffee, coffee processing.
- Non-alcoholic beverages (soft drinks)
- Fragrances and industrial perfumes.
- Food additives, nutrients, and flavours.
- Fish processing.
- Surgical and medical products not involving effluent/ emission generating processes.
- Wire drawing (cold process) and bailing straps.
- Stone Crushers.
- Laboratory chemicals involving distillation, purification process.
- Tyres and tubes vulcanization, retreading, moulding.
- Pesticides/Insecticides/ Fungicides/ Herbicides/ Agro chemical formulation.
- NPK Fertilisers/ Granulation.
- Pharmaceuticals formulation.
- Khandsari sugar.
- Pulverizing units
List of Industries under “GREEN” category:
Industries in Small Scale, Cottage/Village category suggested under Industries in Small Scale, Cottage/Village category suggested under notification of the State Government/Union Territory for issuance of simplified NOC/Consent from State Pollution Control Board/Pollution Control Committee, as the case may be.
- All those industries or processes which are not covered under the “Red” and/or “Orange” category; An illustrative list is provided below:
- Wasting of used sand by hydraulic discharge.
- Steeping and processing of grains.
- Mineralised water.
- Bakery products, biscuits confectionery.
- Groundnut decorticating (dry).
- Supari (Betelnut) and masala grinding.
- Ice-cream or Ice-making.
- Tailoring and garment making.
- Cotton and woollen hosiery.
- Apparel making
- Handloom Weaving
- Shoelace manufacturing
- Gold and silver thread zari work. Leather footwear and leather products excluding tanning and hide processing.
- Musical instruments manufacturing.
- Sports Goods.
- Bamboo and cane products (only dry operations)
- Cardboard or corrugated box and paper products (Paper or pulp manufacturing excluded).
- Insulation and other coated papers (Paper or pulp manufacturing Excluded).
- Scientific and mathematical instruments.
- Furniture (wooden and steel).
- Assembly of domestic electrical appliances.
- Radio assembling.
- Fountain pens.
- Polythene, plastic and P.V.C. goods through extrusion moulding.
- Rope (cotton and plastic).
- Carpet Weaving.
- Assembly of air coolers, conditioners.
- Assembly of bicycles, baby carriage, and other small non-motorised vehicles.
- Electronics equipment (Assembly).
- Water softening and demineralised plants.
- Paint (by mixing process only).
- Carpentry (excluding sawmill).
- Oil ginning/expelling (no hydrogenation/refining).
- Jobbing and machining.
- Block making for printing.
- Optical frames.
- Power looms.//handlooms (without dyeing & bleaching).
- Printing press.
- Garments stitching, tailoring.
- Thermometer making.
- Footwear (rubber).
- Plastic processed goods.
- Medical and surgical instruments
- Electronic and electrical goods.
- Rubber goods industry.
The newly introduced White category of industries pertains to those industrial sectors which are practically non-polluting such as Biscuit trays etc. from rolled PVC sheet (using automatic vacuum forming machines), Cotton and woollen hosiers making (Dry process only without any dying/washing operation), Electric lamp (bulb) and CFL manufacturing by assembling only, Scientific and mathematical instrument manufacturing, Solar power generation through a photovoltaic cell, wind power and mini hydel power (less than 25 MW).
MPCB CONSENT PROCESS & LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Any industrial activity which is likely to generate trade effluents needs to obtain consent from MPCB. Industrial license for manufacturing is required for the following:
- Industries retained under compulsory licensing
- Manufacture of items reserved for Micro and Small Enterprise Sector by Medium and Large Enterprise.
- When the proposed location attracts locational restriction.
- Industries reserved for the Public Sector.
The MPCB’s No Objection Certificate in the form of combined Consent to establishment under Water Act, Air Act & Hazardous wastes Rules would be required for setting up of an industrial unit.
The three consents that are required:
• Consent to Establish: All the industries and activities needing consent must obtain consent to establish before the actual commencement of the construction works for establishing the industry/activity.
- Consent to Operate: This consent needs to be taken before the actual commencement of production including trial production. This consent is valid for a certain duration.
- Renewal of Consent to Operate: The consent to operate is renewed after a certain period. The following flowchart represents the consent steps:-
Please paste here ‘Flow Chart of MPCB Consent Procedure
The fees for consent under Water & Air Act are payable on the capital investment of the industry (Including land, building and machinery without depreciation). The fees for authorization under biomedical waste are linked to the bed capacity of the hospital.
The fees are payable in the form of DD at Sub-Regional offices of the Board along with completely filled application form.
ROLE OF OUR COMPANY – ASCC
Our company Ascent Supply Chain Consultants Private Limited operates PAN India to provide consultancy services for Sale/Lease and Hire/Buy of industrial property and warehousing. We also assist entrepreneurs/companies for obtaining all kind of industrial consents, permission, and licenses needed to set up and run the industry.
We endeavour to provide all industrial related services under One Roof, thereby saving the valuable time of the client.
‘Value Added Services’ provided by ASCC
- MSME / LSE Registration.
- MPCB Consent to Establish, Operate and Renewal.
- Factory Plan Approval & Factory License (DISH) and Renewal.
- Contract Labour License as Principal Employer and Contractor.
- Environment Statement Filing with MPCB as per MoEF.
- Hazardous Statement Filing with MPCB.
- Water CESS Payments, Audits & Filing with MPCB.
- DISH Returns Filing.
- Industrial Audits related to MPCB & DISH.
- PESO Plan Approval and Licenses – Renewal/ Amendment / Fresh Applications (Gas / Explosive/ Petroleum Acts).
- Electricity (MSED) connection and other works.
- Water Connection and Execution of Agreement.
- PWD (Registrations of Electrical Equipment like DG Sets etc.).
- Labour Commissioner NOC.
- CETP, MWML and MEPL Memberships if applicable.
- Project Report Preparation.
- Food and Drug Licenses.
- Any other Permission & License due for Renewal / Amendments / Fresh Licenses as per project needs of the client.
Feel free to contact Ms. Vanita Yadav: 022-489-74888 for Value Added Services or mail the query and requirement on email@example.com. We assure you the best of the services.
ASCENT SUPPLY CHAIN CONSULTANTS PVT. LTD.
406, Raheja Arcade, Sector – 11, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai –400 614
Tel: 022-489-74888 • Fax: + 91- 22 – 27565209
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Web : www.ascconline.com